Summertime energy demand can be higher with weather responsible for up to seventy percent of your electric bill according to Arizona Public Service (APS) department. In fact, cooling accounts for forty percent of the energy consumption in the average Arizona home. So if you’re looking to keep your monthly cooling bill costs from rivaling the heats triple digits, here are some tips to reduce your A/C bills this summer.
- Replace disposable air filters at least once a month to save energy and increase the life of your cooling system.
- Leave your air vents open to help improve the effectiveness of your cooling system.
- Check windows for any hot air leaking in and seal them with caulk or weather stripping.
- Add window treatments. Sunscreens can block as much as sixty to eighty percent of the sun’s heat from reaching the glass.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save time and energy costs.
Implement one or more of these tips to reduce your A/C bills this summer, and the heat will be the only thing that will have you sweating this summer. – Lisa
Join me on Facebook!